Continuing our preview for the upcoming 2016 Rugby League season, Lewis Watson follows on with WALL tradition and asks Stevie Ward 10 fantastic questions about all things Leeds Rhinos.
Ward is set for a big season at loose forward and will be one of the players that people will now look at for inspiration, with the likes of Kevin Sinfield and Jamie Peacock departing the club.
1. Which team do you look most forward to playing in the season and why?
Castleford is always a good derby and a tough match, which is hard to predict. However, Wigan and Saints games are always big important ones, which are the most rewarding if you get a win.
2. Who was your favourite rugby player growing up and who made you want a career in RL?
When I first started watching, it was Iyestin Harris during his time at Leeds. When I started to get more into it and play myself- It was Kevin Sinfield and Danny Mcguire.
3. Who has the best personality in the squad and why?
The Leeds team is full of odd/different blokes. I’m a massive fan of JJB and Rob Burrow continues his off field antics at training and doesn’t seem to taper off as he grows to be an old man
4. What has been your biggest achieving so far in Rugby League?
I’d say as an achievement alone it would be winning the Grand Final in 2012 as an 18 year old. But mentally, the most rewarding was overcoming an injury which had a part to play in missing the 2014 CC final- in order to win it in 2015 against Hull KR.
5. Which part of training do you love the most and which part do you hate the most?
I hate waiting to find out how hard the session is going to be that day, but love finishing it and chilling out after.
6. Where would you love to see yourself in 3 years time in your career?
Part of a successful Rhinos side which has carried on bringing through youngsters. Personally I would love to be an England International.
7. Which team mate is the strongest in the gym?
Everyone varies in different areas but I do notice JJB to pile the weight on… especially in the chest area!
8. Who takes the most banter/stick in the team?
Pretty evenly dished out at the minute, but the young lads have to do their work experience in that area coming in to a new side!
9. Going forward, what would you like to achieve in the 2016 season?
My intentions are fully focussed on getting back fit and being in better shape that I was last season to add to the team after it is bedded in from playing a good amount of the season.
10. Finally, if the whole Rhinos squad got put in the I'm a Celebrity camp. Who would be the biggest wuss in camp and who would do all the trials without any fear?
The Aussies would be the best I think without a doubt… the biggest wuss would be Brad Singleton.
We'd like to thank Stevie for taking the time to answer our questions and wish him the best for the upcoming season, in which he will be an influential player.
By Lewis Watson
'If you bet on Leeds United we have been using thebookiesoffers.co.uk to get the best free bets and offers, see what you can claim'...i
Thinking of betting on the match? Search the latest online free bet offers at www.freebetking.co.uk
lick here to edit.